Venue: Stillpoint, off Walcot Street, central Bath
Tutor: Angela Roberts
This course offers students the opportunity to delve deeper into yoga, to explore further aspects than can be covered in classes and to develop a personal practice. It is also a good preparatory step for those thinking of joining a teacher training course at a later date.
The course is suitable for students who have practised yoga regularly for at least two years. In order to gain certification students must attend at least 80% of course.
Places are limited and applicants will be invited for an interview so that both tutor and student can meet and discuss suitability for the course. The course is an investment of time and money so you need to be sure you are happy to commit. You are welcome to come and try one of my regular classes if you have not met me in order to get a flavour of my teaching style.
You will also need to buy a copy of “The Heart of Yoga” by TKV Desikachar.
Students are encouraged to practise regularly throughout the course and to keep a journal.
COURSE DATES AND TIMES
The course consists of 60 contact hours and will run over mainly Sundays from 9.00-5.00pm. but with some consecutive Saturday and Sundays
May 15th, June 19th, July 17th, August 21st, September 17th/18th, October 9th, November 5th/6th
The course will include:
• Breathwork and pranayama techniques
• Mudras, chanting, concentration techniques and discussion around meditation
• Relaxation techniques
• Brief history of yoga and the different paths
• Introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra and specifically the 8 Limbs
• Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita
• Introduction to yoga energetics – chakra, nadi, prana, apana
The total investment for the course is £654 made up of:
• £34 BWY membership (payable directly to BWY)
• BWY course registration fee of £60 to cover admin and certification costs
• £560 course fees
• There is a non-refundable deposit of £160 payable on acceptance of your place on the course. The balance is due in two instalments – one on the first day of the course and one on the second day. Please note that all fees are non-refundable
HOW DO I APPLY?
In the first instance email Angela Roberts at email@example.com to arrange for an application pack to be sent . When you have completed and returned this an interview/introductory meeting will be set up. If you decide to join the course you will be asked to pay the deposit.
You will also be asked to supply a teacher reference for which a form will be supplied.